PRIVATE BOAT TRIP ON THE MEKONG RIVER HOUY XAI – LUANG PRABNAG (2 DAYS)
Day 1: HOUEI SAY – PAKBENG (Lunch)
07:50 A.M. meet at hotel in Chiang Khong for transfer to Thai Immigration check point of the
4th Friendship Bridge (Chiang Khong-Houay Xai) for formality process , then cross to Lao by shuttle bus ,
grant visa on arrival at Lao Immigration , Houay Xai. After formality process transfer again by Tuk Tuk to
slow boat pier for embark boat riding down stream to Mekong River to Pakbeng Village.
Boat leaves Houei Say pier about 09:00 A.M. for a cruise down the Mekong to Pakbeng. En route one stop is made to observe rural life of the river tribes along the Mekong. There is lunch on board. The boat will arrive Pakbeng village before sunset for overnight stop. Overnight in Pakbeng : Le Grand Pakbeng Hotel
Day 2: PAKBENG – PAK OU – LUANG PRABANG (Breakfast, Lunch)
(Optional : In the morning visit the Morning Market of Pakbeng where the nearby villages and
hill tribes buy and exchange their good.)
Return to be onboard after breakfast, boat departs at 08:00 A.M. for her second part of the trip.
The boat has a stop at the ethnic village to observe the rural life. Lunch is again served on board. Upon arrival at Pak Ou village at the mouth of Nam Ou River, boat stops for a trip to visit Tam Ting “Caves of Thousand Buddha’s”. Reaching Luang Prabang (UNESCO world heritage city) at Ban Don Mai pier before sunset.
Price includes :
● Pick up from hotel in Chiang Khong
● Shuttle Bus cross the 4th Friendship Bridge from Thailand to Laos
● Boat trip with comfortable seats for 2 days riding from Houay xai – Luang prabang
● Transfer from Laos immigration to pier in Houay Xai and from Luang Prabang pier to Luang Prabang city
● English speaking staff escort on the trip
● Admission fee to indicated sights
● Room at Pakbeng : Le Grand Hotel ( 1 Twin+1 Extra bed include breakfast)
● Meals as mention in the program itinerary
● Government tax
● Drinking water , coffee and tea onboard
● Group insurance
Price excludes :
● Lao Visa approval and formalities fee
● Overtime fee for Lao Immigration control (if any)
● Tip, alcohol drinks, personal expenses
● Personal Insurance
Greeting from Lanchang Easy Trip which is known amongst the travellers as Easy Trip , Chiang Khong.
We need to thank all guests who support our work and spread to others. And thanks to Lonely Planet travel guide, Stefan Loose’s travel guide ,Le Routard travel guide and others who refer our service to the travellers.
From years experience in the tourism industry , we are both as tour operator and travellers so we believe that we are able to provide reasonable and sensible service to you. Our service range covers custom tours, tailor-made trips, package tours, border clearance for people and vehicles, boat trips along The Mekong River and its branch river, day activity , adventure activity, motorbike tour and also volunteering service. Our area covers domestic and oversea as well as focus on community base and supply chain.
We believe that responsible tourism can make a better world.
Be our guests, feel free to contact us.